The app guides you through this process by asking for permission to access your phone’s camera and then displaying your face in a circle on the screen. Line up your face within the circle and take the photo once the circle border turns green.
Here are some tips for taking your photo.
- Hold the phone straight in front of your face and make sure your face is in the circle.
- Keep your head straight, not tilted at an angle.
- Take the photo somewhere with good light - if the room is too dark it is harder to capture your photo.
- Have your eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses. To avoid reflection or glare, we recommend that you remove your glasses (if you can) before taking your photo.
- Not have hair in front of your eyes.
- Not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons, in which case try to show as much of your face as is possible).
- Not have any shadows on your face.