We guide through how to do this in this app.
First you’ll need to allow the Yoti app access to your phone’s camera. Then hold your camera up to your face making sure your face fits comfortably inside the circle on the screen. When the circle goes green, tap the round green button to take your photo.
We need you to take a photo like the one on your passport or driving licence. Here are some tips to help you take a photo we will accept:
- Hold the phone straight in front of your face and make sure your face is in the circle.
- Keep your head straight, not tilted at an angle.
- Take the photo where there is good light – if the room is dark we might not be able to see you properly.
- Have your eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses. To avoid reflection or glare, we recommend that you remove your glasses (if you can) before taking your photo.
- Make sure your hair isn’t covering your eyes.
- Take off any head coverings (unless worn for religious or medical reasons, in which case try to show as much of your face as is possible).
- Avoid having any shadows across your face.