To scan your passport:
- hold your passport open at the page showing your photo ID and personal details;
- turn your phone sideways and hold it above the open passport page; and
- focus on lining up the arrows with the MRZ* to complete the scan.
You'll need to capture your ID photo and the MRZ.
When holding the passport, make sure:
- your fingers aren't on top of the photo;
- you are in a well lit space, preferably with natural light; and
- you avoid reflection.
If we detect you’re struggling to scan the passport, we will give you the option to take a photo instead. Just click “Take Photo” on the pop-up message presented by Yoti.
*MRZ (Machine-Readable Zone) is the two line code at the bottom of the passport page. The MRZ contains the personal details on the passport.